Pages

Friday 27 March 2015

Remembering Mr Lee Kuan Yew


Why do we find this meaningful to us ? 


Rachel Tan : 

This tribute is meaningful to me as, without Mr Lee's help into shaping Singapore to what it is today, I, would have been unable to be a really fortunate student and citizen of modern Singapore, who gets almost everything I want. Without his unconditional support, i would not have been able to study, and to live in HDB flats, and having a wonderful variety of food for every meal and not having to worry for the sudden cut of electricity, or the lack of medicines when we are ill. Without him, i wouldn't be living the life i'm having today.

Bhakti Choudhary : 

Even though I am not a Singaporean, I still feel that I have a deep attachment to Singapore and its history and culture. This tribute is meaningful to me as Mr Lee Kuan Yew has really done a lot and spent almost half of his life trying to make Singapore a better place to live in. Despite us living in the era where we couldn't personally experience Mr Lee's hard work and determination, we still can benefit from the results of his work today. His image of creating Singapore into a 'Garden City' and keeping Singapore clean and green has benefitted this nation a lot. Today you might not see a country as clean as Singapore with an abundance of lush greenery and nature. I truly believe each individual living in Singapore, despite being either a permanent residence or a citizen should appreciate Mr Lee's efforts and his determination. There is truly no other leader like him in this world. He really has made all of us into Singaporeans who could be confident and proud about their country. 

Darren Wong : 

The efforts of MR Lee Kuan Yew turned Singapore into a modern and successful state. What he has done to for our society has benefitted us as a nation and by ourselves. It has made our lives more enjoyable, more luxurious, and made the streets of Singapore clean and green. As Singaporeans, we should be proud of the achievements by Mr Lee Kuan Yew and be proud of our country.

Brian Cheng: 

This tribute is a special one as it shows the pride of us being Singaporeans as we are extremely thankful to Mr Lee's dedication to the country as his determination in making Singapore a thriving cosmopolitan state did not go to waste. Without him, Singapore would be the same like today. Hence, I do agree with this tribute as I, too, am proud to be a Singaporean.


Kok Li Ying: 

I feel that this tribute is very meaningful to me as, without Mr Lee Kuan Yew, we would not be where we are today, having proper education and changing Singapore to be a better place for all of us. If he did not step in, Singapore would still be like the past, still developing and it also won’t be as great as today. Without his undying love for Singapore, we would not be able to live in HDB flats, have a proper education, being able to live in a green country. He dedicated almost his entire life trying to build Singapore so that we, Singaporeans, get a better environment. As a Singaporean, he is like my role model. Even though I still don’t know much about him due to the fact that I was only born 15 years ago, I feel that he has done a lot for us, and I really look up to him. I am very thankful for what he’s done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment